



Clark County Local Emergency Planning Committee
CLARK COUNTY FIRE ADMINISTRATION
TELECONFERENCE

**DUE TO THE CURRENT STATE OF EMERGENCY THIS MEETING
IS BEING HELD VIA TELECONFERENCE**

Join the meeting: <https://call.lifesizecloud.com/3682112>
Click to call from Mobile (audio only)
United States: +1 (312) 584-2401,, 3682112#

DRAFT MINUTES

August 9, 2022
09:00 AM

Members Present:

LEPC Chair, Billy Samuels, LEPC Vice Chair Rachel Skidmore, Brian Arboreen, Jason Moyer, Michael Harris, Misty Richardson, Carolyn Levering, Josie Ross, Greg Chesser, Spencer Lewis, Angeline Symanski, Corey Ross, Michael Wilson, Brad Paulson, Jeremy Crawford, Browdie Young, Phil Klevorick, Judy Lopez, Michael Richardson, Daniel Berc, Jeen Clemitson, Brian Mitchell (along with Mr. Andrew Ross), Melanie Rouse, Brian Scroggins, Christi Wiegman.

Members Absent:

Carlito Rayos, Warren Whitney, Robert Williams, Art Perillo, Shon Saucedo, Chris Sproule, Travis Anderson, Solome Barton, Joseph Calhoun, Sean Simoneau, Michael Denning, Ryan Turner, Jayson Andrus, Jess Quinn, Jason Manzo, Jose Suarez, Stephanie Rennick, Stephanie Daus, Michael Anderson, Dan Ferriter, Lori Mack, Salvatore Urzi, John Arias, James Madsen, Geoffery Campbell, Ben Moan, Greg Maye, Jeffrey Ohs, Keith McMath, John Lombard, Brittany Mandara, Yuri Graves, Karen Beckley, David Elkington, Aaron Morris, Tori Begay, Michael Langley, David Bustos, Karen Donahie, Kerrie Humble, John Turner.

- I. Call to Order Billy Samuels, Chairman

Alright, good morning everyone. I do want to remind you all to mute your mic if you are not actively speaking, as we are getting some feedback. However, I want to make sure that you all know that there is a delay. Once we Andria calls roll, there will be a delay; so if you do not see or hear your name called, let's make sure that you throw her a chat and she will confirm that way. So, good morning everyone, it is 9:02 a.m., August 9, 2022. I am going to call this meeting to order and we will start with a roll call. Andria.

- II. Roll Call All

Andria: Thanks Chief. Yeah and like Chief said, if I somehow miss your name or I don't hear you, just send me a message in the chat or just send me an email as well, that will work too.

Andria: Alright, and I will drop my email. Down in the chat bar I see that a few of you typed in your participation. Chief we've made quorum, so we're good to go.

Chief Samuels: Alright, thank you very much Andria. We will close out Agenda Items I and II and to go III.

- III. Public Comments
Discussion Only - No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which

action may be taken. Public comments may be limited to 2 minutes per person at the discretion of the Chair. Persons may not allocate unused time to other speakers. Comments will not be restricted based on viewpoint.

Chief Samuels: Does anybody have anything for public comment? Go ahead, Eric.

Eric: Well good morning, my name is Eric Hobson, I'm on staff with the Amateur Radio Emergency Services, so I'm happy this morning to represent them to you and to thank Mr. Webster for supporting our efforts. Our members express interest in increasing collaboration with you, our served agency, to identify or better assist you. They do short hauls or long hauls that require exploration that will help us to organize our current members and improve our (UNINTELLIGIBLE – ECHOING PROBLEM). In Clark County 7,000 licensed (UNINTELLIGIBLE – ECHOING). Over 8 modes of communication from about 40 distinct operators. We look forward to getting Clark County's and beginning a conversation, (UNINTELLIGIBLE), or from our Website, searching for Clark County, Nevada and to radio emergency services. Thank you for your time.

Chief Samuels: Eric, if you could, (UNINTELLIGIBLE). We were getting a lot of feedback on there. I got most of your message and we appreciate that. Can you put that site in the chat so, because it is kind of hard to come across it if anyone is searching for it, please.

Eric: Will do, thank you.

Chief Samuels: Thank you Eric. Anybody else for public comment? As you all know, we will have public comments reserved again at the end of this meeting. So if you have something that crosses your mind, you can pop up them. We are going to close out Agenda Item III. We are going to go to Agenda Item IV.

IV. Comments from the Chair Billy Samuels
(Discussion only)

Chief Samuels: I just want to thank everyone for getting on. This is our Third Quarter meeting for the year. We have one more and...(INAUDIBLE – MIC ISSUES). So the only comment that I have is September is preparedness month, so make sure we're all kind of looking toward that and to the (UNINTELLIGIBLE)...seen across our community and see how we can make sure our community is more prepared in cooperation with one another and that's why we're all here to make sure we have a safer community. So I have nothing else. I am going to close out Agenda Item IV and we're going to do Agenda Item V.

V. * Review and Approve Meeting Minutes from 5/25/2022. Billy Samuels
(For Possible Action)

Chief Samuels: I'm sure you guys all read them. I hope you did, and just looking for motions.

Phil Klevorick: I motion.

Chief Samuels: Was that Phil?

Phil Klevorick: It was.

Chief Samuels: Phil was the first motion to pass the minutes, do I hear a second?

Mike Wilson: Mike Wilson with the second.

Chief Samuels: All in favor, say "I".

Chief Samuels: Any discussion? Motion passes. Closing out Agenda Item V. We are going to Agenda Item VI.

VI. * Review and Approve Bylaws amendments. Billy Samuels
(For Possible Action)

Chief Samuels: So one that obviously we report to SERC, State Emergency Response Commission a lot, the LEPC does, and one of the things we have to do is look at funding and how we're going to get some things across. Moving forward, we're looking at some overtime reimbursement for when we send people to training. So I'm going to give you the verbiage on what we're looking for as far, I'm trying to get this passed. So we can send our people to get trained, we're not paying them for overtime, but their backfill should be coverable. We don't have anything in our LEPC Bylaws that says that, so the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) that we're going to add is this: To facilitate hazardous materials and related public safety preparation efforts including planning, training exercises and mitigation preventative measure, we are going to utilize HMET, SERC (UNINTELLIGIBLE) and other grant funding opportunities to obtain certification and sustainment training for area responders in accordance with the SERC, U.S. Department of Transportation, DOT, and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, overtime and backfill policy. It's not really a big thing; I think a lot of the contents was already there, we're looking at sending some people from our other jurisdictions from Boulder City and Mesquite and possibly from North Town and Clark County members to either Colorado or New Mexico for some additional hazmat training. That's what we're trying to adopt. And again I want to bring this to this group for discussion. It doesn't really affect too many people; and if it does, it probably affects you in a positive way. So I'm going to leave it up there for discussion and I would like to hear what you guys think.

Jeen Clemitson: This might be the former military person in me, but seeing the defined acronyms make me cringe. But I don't know what those stand for.

Chief Samuels: No, that's fine Jeen. Andria with that, can we please.....well we probably put SERC in the wrong place and HMET and then the OPTC can we spell that out, is I think what Jeen is asking and put that up in documents.

Andria: Yes, definitely I can write that out.

Jeen Clemitson: And also in the second bullet, SERC is defined again.

Chief Samuels: Yea, Andria when we say SERC the first time, when we spell it out, we can SERC for thereon out.

Andria: Thanks, Jeen for catching that. I may have to go through this document because it is older, so I might have to go through and clean that up throughout the document and not just only this; so thank you.

Chief Samuels: Yes, Jeen, we'll make those changes. Anybody else?

Pamela Hatty: This is Pamela Hatty, for the record. This is more of an FYI than a comment. But with this potential new language, we have to amend our inter-local having to use with the different agencies and work with the DA in order to do that. So I just wanted to through that in there.

Chief Samuels: Okay, thanks Pam. Why would we have to change the inter-local? What would change there? They're still going to be doing the same cost reimbursement when it comes with a grant and how they're billing, why would we have to change that, I'm just curious?

Pamela Hatty: I think we just need to let our....because it's a reimbursement and it's something new, but I was, in talking with others, I was told that we would need to have it amended and add it in there for clarification purposes.

Chief Samuels: Okay. Yeah, like I said, we'll get our DA's, obviously all of our DA's talk to one another. If they find it's an issue as well, we'll just readjust the inter-local so that we have a (UNINTELLIGIBLE)...addition. And I know I see.....I don't know if (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Carolyn is on, Travis Anderson is on, Greg Chesser is on for BC, and Ryan Turner is on, do you guys see any issues with that?

Spencer Lewis: This is Spencer Lewis. I don't see any issues with this. You did call out the (UNINTELLIGIBLE), so sending people to the (UNINTELLIGIBLE). So I like (UNINTELLIGIBLE). I like the changes. I'm glad they caught some of these, acronym changes. There's one question I had on that, this is one article of the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) document. Do the larger documents have an acronyms page, like do they even have to spell the words out, does it have an acronym reference?

Chief Samuels: I'll have to look at our bylaws for LEPC. I am not sure if it does or not. I don't have that one memorized.

Spencer Lewis: That may be one way to clean it all up, it's just an acronym reference page at the beginning and then use the acronyms throughout without having to remember in each Article to spell it out and simplify some of the verbiage.

Andria: We don't have an acronyms page on this, so thank you, Spencer. That's something that we should take into consideration as well.

Spencer Lewis: Not that I want to reorganize more Bylaws, but for the future it might simplify the entire document.

Andria: Definitely, thank you.

Chief Samuels: I'd rather make a change once then make it multiple times. So with that, we will spell out the acronyms, then make an acronyms page as well, so it's a little more (UNINTELLIGIBLE). Carolyn?

Carolyn: It looks good to me.

Chief Samuels: Thank you. Chief Chess?

Chief Chesser: No I have no questions or comments. I think it's a great thing for us.

Chief Samuels: Chief Anderson do you have....I think this might affect North Town as well. What do you think?

Chief Anderson: (UNINTELLIGIBLE – TALKING VERY SOFTLY).

Chief Samuels: Okay, anyone else have any discussion or think that we may have missed. Again, we're just trying to make sure we can get all of our members down here trained and then also you're jurisdictions are not aiding the cost on having the back fill while those members are gone. When it come to the SERC, they have like I want to say like 400,000, I could be wrong, on how much money and funding they have for this next year. So it would be nice that we don't have to (UNINTELLIGIBLE) all that money back to the (UNINTELLIGIBLE). It's where we can keep our community a little safer and a little more prepared. So I like this. I didn't know we didn't have it in the past, so I'm glad it got brought up to us this time from SERC; and I'm just looking for a motion or more discussion is there is.

Carolyn Levering: This is Carolyn Levering for the record. I move to approve.

Chief Samuels: Thank you, Carolyn, move to approve with (UNINTELLIGIBLE). Anytime there's an abbreviation, we'll spell it out first and then follow with abbreviations, is that about right?

Carolyn Levering: That's correct.

Chief Samuels: Thank you. Carolyn with the first, do I hear a second?

Misty Richardson: Misty Richardson with the second.

Chief Samuels: Misty with the second. All in favor say "I". Any opposed? And for the record, I left out Henderson, Ryan Turner, they're in favor as well. Alright motion passes. Closing out Agenda Item VI moving on to Agenda Item VII.

- VII.** Presentation of the Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan, Using a Whole Community approach (Discussion Only) Amanda Ozaki-Laughon
Constant Associates

Chief Samuels: One of our (UNINTELLIGIBLE) associates, Amanda, is going to be on here for (UNINTELLIGIBLE) for this. Amanda? There you go.

Amanda: Can everyone hear me alright?

Chief Samuels: Yes, ma'am.

Amanda: Great, thank you. I'm very excited to provide you all with an overview of the current efforts to update Clark County's multijurisdictional hazard mitigation plan or MJHMP for those who love acronyms. I was just introduced, my name is Amanda Ozakiwahan, and I'm an associate with Hunt Associates. We are an industrial leading emergency management and public health consultant agency based on Torrance, California. So first what I am going to do with the time that we have, I'm going to briefly introduce you all to the team reporting this project update, then I'll walk us through project deliverables and timeline, the project mission objectives, our steering committee and their role in the project and finally I'll end with an update regarding any outstanding means and ways that this group might be able to support the project. So, first I'm sure that everyone on the call is familiar with Misty Richardson who is serving as our project manager and overall point of contact for this project. Misty has provided a valuable leadership and coordination for the project and alongside Misty is Josie Ross from the City of Henderson is overseeing our steering committee and continues to support outreach efforts to jurisdictions throughout the county; so thank you Josie and Misty for that. Supporting the development of the updated plan is myself, as the project management, and Lee Rosenberg from Navigating Preparedness. Lee also supported the County's MJHMP in 2012 and 2013, so he's very familiar with the County and the hazards that present themselves to the County's jurisdiction. As the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) effort is felt, the current plan for Clark County is set to expire in 2023, as well as the usual plan update cycle and plan to be updated every 5 years and this update is vital, as updated hazards and risks and mitigation goals are supported with funding, as you can see on this slide, there are a few examples as to how this funding can be used by your jurisdiction. So this next slide provides a few updates and overall highlight of the project objectives. Our team is developing a fully updated MJHMP in compliance with state and federal guidance and it includes action items for both short term and long term mitigation strategies. So some of the strategies might be ongoing, others might be a little bit more short term. And all those hazards identified, may align with Mesquite and Nevada hazard list and the state hazard mitigation plan. On this slide you can see a complete list of our steering committee which includes representatives from each jurisdiction within Clark County including some agencies and subject matter experts from across industries including, significant effort in insuring this plan is accurate and updated to the needs of Clark County. The members and alternates are responsible for 4 pieces of that data provision regarding the updated plan including hazard identification, mitigation planning and public and community engagement. This is an outline of the deliverables for our project. As you can see, the deliverables have been split across 4 tasks. Task one has already been completed and that is the initiation of the project. We're currently working through the risk assessment task which heavily involves engaging the community in the planning process and to accomplish this, we have created a community survey for stakeholders in each jurisdiction to complete. Community engagement is vital to the success of a plan update and to ensure that the hazards present themselves and preparedness efforts of

the County aligned with what the community sees as a hazard to their longevity. This next slide combines an overview of the project timeline which takes our team through September 2023, which is the anticipated completion date of a project, and each task is supplemented with a quarterly steering committee meeting and review cycles for each iterated draft of the plan as we move past the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) days that we're currently in. So this final slide gives a highlight of the outstanding needs and the current efforts that the steering committee is engaged in. So the first in community engagement, so our steering committee is heavily engaged in promoting the community survey in person and on line. You may have seen a press release from Clark County seeking community input into the project. That is then widely distributed and each jurisdiction is tasked with promoting the community survey to ensure that they're represented, completed and are aware of the efforts that are ongoing. The steering committee is also completing the last steps of hazard identification which include documenting past disasters, cultural or historical sites within their jurisdiction, educational resources available to the public in their communities regarding disaster preparedness among other components. So if there are any questions on the project, I am happy....I am not sure what the protocol is here, but I'm happy to respond to some of those questions. I'm also in the chat box and have made my contact information available. I am also going to post the community survey which can be found at that link in the chat. So if you would like to distribute that to your constituents or if you'd like to take the survey yourself as a resident of Clark County, feel free. But I'm open for questions and that concludes my presentation on the project. Thank you.

Chief Samuels: Thank you, Amanda, for presenting it. I've been in correspondence with Misty and all of her emails that you guys have all been giving her, so thank you for inundating my email box. But I like seeing all the conversations from all the jurisdictions and the participation. This is being opened up to any discussions that any of the jurisdictions have or anyone else has. I'm kind of curious. I did take the survey. It was fairly simple, really quick. So if anyone has any questions for Amanda, get her now or if you think of anything later, her email is in the chat.

Gary Morgan: Amanda, my name is Gary Morgan. I am the security manager/ Management Coordinator for the Bureau of Reclamation. I wanted to make sure that you had appropriate contact for the Bureau since we're identified on that agency listing. So I've never used this platform before so I don't know how to (INAUDIBLE – DICTATION DISAPPEARED).

Amanda: (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Situation Awareness. If you just send me an email at Amanda@ associates.com I can follow-up with you online.

Gary Morgan: That sounds great. I appreciate it, thank you.

Amanda: Thank you.

Chief Samuels: Thanks for joining us, Gary. I know this is probably a couple of years too late that we've had a Bureau involved in this, so I'm glad you're able to jump on here, thank you.

Gary Morgan: Thank you sir.

Chief Samuels: Anybody else have any questions or comments either or Amanda and I believe Misty Richardson is still on the call as well. Make sure if there are any gaps from us. If your number ends in 1968, it's not because you're getting called out, but it's probably because you're not on mute, so if you can mute your phone please. Okay maybe we can try to over talk him so we don't have to hear it. Anything else for Amanda? Alright hearing none. Thank you Amanda for your presentation. Please let Misty know if you need anything else and I am sure she'll handle it. We're going to close out Agenda Item VII and open Agenda Item VIII.

VIII. LOCAL EMERGENCY PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS

- a. Plans Administration Subcommittee Carlito Rayos, Chair

Chief Samuels: Carlito Rayos was not able to be on the call today because he is over at (UNINTELLIGIBLE).

- b. Training and Exercise Subcommittee Misty Richardson, Chair
Carlito Rayos, Co-chair

Misty: Recently Carlito has been pretty engaged in community exercises with the most recent one at PLEXY. It was widely attended and very successful. We would like to see our hazmat coordinators out there in the community taking care of that. I would like to remind everyone, I haven't received many updates as far as training exercise. It doesn't look like anyone is using the Web EOC calendar, so that we can be.....so I would like to remind that everybody, please take advantage of that community tool. We were really successful in using that for a number of years and then during COVID people have kind of slacked off on that. So I think that with exercises ramping back up and people being more active again, I would encourage everyone to start using that calendar, it would be very helpful. Outside of that, do the jurisdictions have anything that they would like to report on, it would be appropriate for them to speak up now, because I don't have a current listing of community projects or exercises taking place. Do we have anything from the cities? Chief I don't have anything further.

Chief Samuels: Thank you Misty. So with the WB EOC Calendar on the green tab, doesn't look like it's getting used. What is the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) meeting Outlook. I think Outlook, we all use Outlook in all of our jobs, would that be another way if we opened up a shared calendar there Misty, where it is a little more convenient for the jurisdictions to upload their training there? What do you think?

Misty: I will tell you that I don't know that it's a matter of convenience. I like using the Web EOC platform because it keeps people in the practice of using that tool, so that's first and foremost. But also not everyone has had the same success in using Outlook for meeting appointments. So some of our federal partners don't necessarily always seem to....and we've had some challenges with that. But I personally prefer to stick with Web EOC. It is just a matter of people getting back into the habit of putting their information in there. I think it would be the same issue with any tool that we would use, but that is a shared platform.

Chief Samuels: Okay, maybe...I think maybe out of sync or out of practice for people, why don't we on the next quarter meeting if you can present on Web EOC and how to input that training and where people can find it. Maybe that might spark us and give us a little bit more again.

Misty: Sure.

Chief Samuels: Thank you. Anything else, questions for Misty? I hear none. Still at 1968 if you could mute your phone, that would be appreciated.

- c. Grants Subcommittee Karen Taylor, Chair
Pamela Hatty, Co-chair

Chief Samuels: So we have Karen who is still the Chair and Pam Hatty is the co-chair. Do I have anything from you guys?

Pamela Hatty: What I was going to talk about, I think we've already touched base on that we have \$380,000 for that training for the hazmat from the HMDT mid-grant, so just put that on your radars.

Chief Samuels: Thank you Pam. And I always round up, I hate rounding down, so that's why I said \$400,000; I'd rather go for more than less, it's always better that way.

- d. Public Information Subcommittee Cheryl Nagy, Chair

Chief Samuels: Cheryl Nagy is not in today.

- e. Legislative Subcommittee Angeline Szymanski, Chair

Chief Samuels: Angeline.

Angeline Szymanski: Chief can you hear me?

Chief Samuels: Yes ma'am.

Angelina Szymanski: Okay so just a quick update on the federal side of things, there is a Bill that is in the Senate #4205, just for on our radar, it passed through the Senate, went to the House looking at putting out federal guidance for planning for animals in emergency and disasters. That's something for us to be aware of in the future as to look that information for updating plans. The state legislative session starts next February, February 6th. There are already bill draft resolutions or DDR's in the system for emergency management updates and disaster declarations. I wasn't able to find any details yet, but hopefully I will have more by our meeting at the end of the year. That's all I have this morning, Chief.

Chief Samuels: Thank you Angeline. Does anyone have any questions for her? Alright hearing none.

- f. GIS Subcommittee Sarah Wright, Chair

Chief Samuels: Is Sarah Wright on?

- g. Specialized Response Subcommittee Vacant, Chair

Chief Samuels: We have a vacant on Specialized Response Subcommittee. I'm sure as soon as LDFR gets a replacement for Chief Cooper, I imagine that person is going to fill that gap.

SPECIAL REPORTS & WORKING GROUPS

- a. Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) Brian Scroggins,
Southern Nevada VOAD

Brian Scroggins: Good morning everyone. This is actually my last meeting as Chair of VOAD. As you may be aware, about a year ago the Southern Nevada VOAD was dissolved in an effort to just create one state VOAD, I was against that because I think Southern Nevada has its own set of needs, but was overridden in that. And so again (UNINTELLIGIBLE) in the Nevada Chair, went on maternity leave and did not return, so I was (UNINTELLIGIBLE) state Chair for VOAD for the last year. We've had a new election and so beginning, I guess today or tomorrow, the new Nevada VOAD Chair is Reverend Brian Oskaczewski, we just call him "Brian O". He's a Chaplain here in town. He has a non-profit called "Tuff Services Ministries". He deals a lot with the world dealing with suicide, suicide prevention, but he also responds to families and individuals who are experiencing suicide and the ramifications of that. But as I stated, it is just the state VOAD at this point. Anyway I will send his email if you need to talk to him. It is tuffservices@earthlink.net. I will send that over to you, Billy, and again I have enjoyed working with you. It's been the last about 7 years that I have been on these committees and I hope to stay involved. I'm not going anywhere, I'm still the Emergency Manager for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Nevada, so I'll be around if you need me and I'll be sticking around with the immediate pastor to help Brian O get acclimated to his new position there. So thanks everybody.

Chair Samuels: I always appreciate your support for the Clark County Fire Department, Clark County and our whole entire valley. You're always available for me and I appreciate that and hopefully Brian can fill your shoes.

Brian Scroggins: Thank you.

Chief Samuels: Anyone else have anything for Brian? Hearing none.

- b. Nuclear Waste Division Yucca Mountain Update Phil Klevorick,
Clark County Nuclear Waste

Chief Samuels: Phi what have we got? Is Phil still on?

- c. Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan Steering Subcommittee Josie Ross, Chair

Chair Samuels: Josie?

Josie Ross: Amanda did an amazing job of explaining our project, so I won't spend too much time re-explaining that, but I will ask anyone who has not completed the hazard identification questionnaire, please complete it. If you need any assistance, please reach out to me. It's a really great opportunity for us to identify hazards in both our past and look forward to the upcoming threats that we're concerned about. One of them may be drought. So things that have changed over the last couple of years and then we've had great success with our public participation and community outreach. We've done quite a few tabling events, we've worked with local media, social media, website posts, and then worked with some farmer's markets and back to school events to get the word out and give people the opportunity to complete the survey. If you need any help with your jurisdiction public participation component, please let me know and I would be happy to assist but I appreciate everyone's cooperation and help and I'm available if anyone needs anything.

Chief Samuels: Thanks Josie. Any questions?

- d. Regional Working Groups

1. AIR Kim Ferguson, Co-chair
Vacant, Co-chair

Chief Samuels: Is Kim Ferguson on?

2. BEIR Salvador McLeod, Co-chair
Mike Shanks, Co-chair

Chief Samuels: How about Salvador are you on or Mike Shanks?

3. NIR Brian Pearson, Co-chair
Vacant, Co-chair

Chief Samuels: Brian Pearson?

Brian Pearson: No sorry Brian go ahead. I didn't want it to be like 1968, so I kept it on mute, sorry.

Chief Samuels: What we would do now is you just give us kind of a report on relations that you've had, any talk that you've had whether table-top drills or exercises and how the meetings are going with your jurisdictions and how is my office supposed to help coordinate some of that.

Brian Pearson: Right, internally we're in the middle of our mid-season here making ice for the valley. If you didn't make the ice in your freezer at home, it came out of my facility. So hopefully working with practices you have 20 years of safe work here at Reddy Ice and (UNINTELLIGIBLE) and continue that. But right now with the current (UNINTELLIGIBLE) mid season and start (UNINTELLIGIBLE) like selling Christmas trees, but Carlos was....he had sent me an email and he said something about schedule A.....and I didn't know what that meant, but probably something to do with his schedule, but we're looking to hold an onsite meeting there and we'll also start....as we are mothballing and returning to the warehouse, (UNINTELLIGIBLE).....location. We're going to start to decommission that in the last couple of weeks and returning that back into (UNINTELLIGIBLE). So just trying to keep up with the valley's demands right now for ice.

Chief Samuels: No we get it and it's time for us to do drills and exercises when it comes to November and December cause it's New Years' Eve for us. So we get it. You guys have a peak demand, a peak time and it's difficult to do training exercises and even meetings. So we get that. (CROSS TALKING). We figured you worked with Carlito and any of the other jurisdictions that your facility is affected by (UNINTELLIGIBLE).

Brian Pearson: Absolutely and don't forget right now we can be of benefit of all emergency services. We've got plenty of ice here for you for any of your events on or off duty, but please come by, there's a box out there. You don't have to call me, you don't have to schedule, and you just go and take it right there.

Chair Samuels: Alright thank you Brian. Anybody have any questions for the regional working groups?

4. CAER

Gil Doucet, Co-chair
Josie Ross, Co-chair

Chief Samuels: We have Gil or Josie again?

Gil Doucet: Good morning, this is Gil Doucet with CAER. So we continue to meet bi-monthly with the CAER Team with the CAER Members, getting free gift participation of the industry and the agencies in this part of the valley. Participating, we've completed 6 of our 13 scheduled Henderson first/hazmat, this is with industry and with some of the, for example, like Las Vegas Valley Water District you know meeting on their site to review of the hazards and kind of go through you know what it would look like if fire and hazmat had to approach the site, you know, how would we meet with the RP, how would we coordinate actions together or not understanding each other's capabilities. So out of that 6 of 13, we've completed 4 of the large TIH containing industry down here in this part of the valley, those 6 have been completed. So it's all going very well, just some for the rest of the year to finish out the 13 and then try and get a new shift through next year in 2023 and then another shift through in 2024. So we're going very well and getting a lot of good positive feedback from the industry members of our entire team and just wanted to publically thank Chief Arboreen for all of his (UNINTELLIGIBLE) on making that happen. It's good for industry and for Henderson Fire. Right now we're kind of falling behind schedule just cause of some conflict, but we're really going to try and put a final push here and try and put together an exercise that we have scheduled for November 8, 2022. I know it sounds like only Brian Pearson from years on the call, but I'll reach out to the other regional workers in case they want to kind of see how we do this stuff down at CAER for a learning opportunity. But just trying to put together a final exercise plan here for an exercise on November 8, 2022 at the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) facility in BMI down in Henderson event. So any questions? Alright, I appreciate the time.

Chief Samuels: Gil, thank you. But one of the things, we don't try Chief Arboreen too much credit, cause he just runs with it, so we don't like to give him too much of that, cause he is a stud. Alright we're going to be closing out Agenda Item VIII.

IX. Public Comments

Discussion Only - No action may be taken upon a matter raised under this item of the agenda until the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. Public comments may be limited to 2 minutes per person at the discretion of the Chair. Persons may not allocate unused time to other speakers. Comments will not be restricted based on viewpoint.

Chair Samuels: Go ahead Robert.

Robert: Thank you Billy. This is Robert Plum. I'm the safety supervisor for RTC. I just wanted to extend an invitation to everyone. This year in November actually. We will be doing an exercise with TSA and DHS involving a large scale (UNINTELLIGIBLE) emergency that basically impacts RTC. So any large scale emergency will probably impact other agencies as well in the valley, so we would like to know if anyone else would like to be part of it. If so, you can just send us your contact info and we can get you involved in the access that we have that is being sponsored by DHS. So I basically wanted to extend an invitation for anyone to be involved.

Chief Samuels: Robert if you could, will you throw your email in the chat and if someone is interested in participating, they can just contact you directly and then (UNINTELLIGIBLE) myself or Andria. That was good. Thank you sir. Anyone else for public comment?

Brian Scroggins: Yeah, Billy. Brian Scroggins real quickly, one thing I forgot to mention in my report was in July I took a new position as the Chief Operating Officer for Hope for Prisoners, which is a local nonprofit here that works very closely with the Metropolitan Police Department. So if you have any interest in seeing what we do over here, please go to hopeforprisoners.org, but I would be happy to continue to be involved in any way I can.

Chief Samuels: We appreciate that. I think some of us are familiar with that organization, so we do appreciate you doing that as well. Any other public comments? Go ahead Jeen.

Jeen Clemitson: Thanks Billy. For those of you who know and remember Pamela (UNINTELLIGIBLE). She's one of the alternate members at USEPA. She has announced her retirement this year. This will be the last LEPC quarterly meeting that she is able to attend because by the next one, she'll be (UNINTELLIGIBLE). So please offer her congratulations on an exemplary and fruitful career.

Chief Samuels: Pamela, thank you for our service in this community as well. We do appreciate a lot of the stuff that has been going on and we love your guys' efforts that you have with us and beside you're healthy career, look at your bright future that you get to have and not have to wake up to an alarm clock every morning. I'm super jealous. We're all here behind you. So congratulations and good luck on that. Alright closing out Agenda Item IX.

Next Regularly Scheduled LEPC meeting: Tuesday November 8, 2022 at 9:00 A.M., virtual via Lifesize. You all know I do not like lifesize meetings. I would rather have in person. We just had a conflict at the Mack this morning with some sports classes got it going on. So hopefully we'll plan on lifesize and virtual, but if we can make it in person, I'm going to try to go that route as well.

X. Adjournment

Chief Samuels: This is for adjournment. Let's see some motions. (UNINTELLIGIBLE) leading with the first and Mike Wilson with the second?

Female Voice: That works.

Chief Samuels: All in favor say "I". Any opposed? Hearing and seeing none, you guys all have an amazing day, a great weekend once it gets here and we'll talk to you in November.

* Denotes items on which possible action may be taken. Notice/agenda of meeting of the Clark County Local Emergency Planning Committee, scheduled for Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 09:00 AM. In conformance with the Nevada Public Meeting Law, this agenda was posted or caused to be posted on August 3, 2022 at 9:00 AM at the following locations:

Clark County Government Center Lobby
Clark County 3rd Street Building
Clark County Courthouse Annex
Clark County Fire Department Administration

City of North Las Vegas
City of Las Vegas
City of Boulder City
City of Henderson
City of Mesquite

Members of the public who require special accommodations or assistance at the meeting are requested to contact Andria Webster at the Clark County Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security via phone: (702) 455-5710 or e-mail: Andria.webster@clarkcountynv.gov at least 72 hours in advance of meeting.